HK-Macau General Tips

9:11 AM Unknown 1 Comments



Well, as you might know i just got back from my HK-Macau trip (It's been almost a month actually lol) I'm not so sure if this post will help anyone but i just feel like telling how my trip was and some tips if any of you are planning to go there. So yeahh..

  • ACCOMMODATION  
Everything in Hong Kong is freaking expensive for any sake's! I stayed at Germany Hostel in Chungking Mansion, to be exact. We booked a family room for four that cost us around IDR 800,000 a night. Well, i gotta say you get what you paid. The room is super small like the four of us couldn't move altogether at the same time haha and don't expect much from the bathroom, it's good enough if you don't hit anything when inside. But i would say it wasn't such a bad experience, i mean we got water heater, hair-dryer, mini fridge, and air conditioner (?) it's and old type of AC. We also bought our Disneyland and Madame Tussauds tickets there. We got the Disneyland tickets around HKD 430 when online they cost around HKD 499, quite a saving eh? As for Madame Tussauds i'm not so sure how much because I didn't buy it, only my friends. Everything was fine until check-out time, my flight was earlier so my friend was the one who checked us out and i told her that i already gave them HKD 40 for deposit so be sure to ask for it and you know what? The clerk said i didn't give any?!? I was so upset like why on earth did they do that for? I clearly gave it the night i arrived to the tall indian guy (there are lots of indian in Chungking Mansion) and i'm sure that i signed something but they just told my friend that they have clear all the logs like wtf?! Such a scammer
  • WEATHER
Super loving the weather there! I went  there around early March so it still got that nice cool breeze, not too cold and not too warm. However in the morning and evening it got a little foggy. Still i wish Indo's weather would ever be like that. My friends and I were super excited when we plan our trip, we just directly buy coats without knowing where we are going haha we actually planned to go to South Korea but its kinda out of our budget thus we chose HK at the end. Thank God we still got to wear our coats hahaha
  • GETTING AROUND
So Octopus Card is the 'it' card there, you can use it for MTR, bus, or even shop at 7-11. To get it i had to pay around HKD 150 upon my arrival at the airport. The HKD 50 is for deposit so you can get it back when you return the card. I'm pretty sure that i had written down all of my expenses but turned out i forgot to write how much i top up the card, classic me. But i believe it was around HKD 150? And i got around HKD 70 for refund so my total spending was HKD 230 getting around for 5 days that is equivalent to almost IDR 400,000! For the love of God, Trans Jakarta is the best hahaha
  • FOODS
Let me remind you again how expensive everything is in Hongkong. I'm not a food spender kind of person, i mean i hate to spend for foods so when i was there i share foods with my lecturer haha. You gotta spend at least HKD 40 which is around IDR 70,000 for a meal only not including drinks, that's at least i repeat. The portion is huge though so if you don't eat that much i suggest you to share. And i've tried the must-try like Tim Ho Wan, Australia Dairy Co, Hui Lau Shan, Portuguese Egg Tarts, Egg Waffles, etc. But to be honest, they tasted just okay. I will talk more about it on next post. In total i spent around HKD 200 for foods and mineral water, that's eating once a day, shared. 
  • SHOPPING
There's not much to shop in Hong Kong unless you are looking for high end brands like Chanel, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, they got it all along the streets. If you look up on internet, people will recommend you to shop at Ladies Market. But my friend, don't bother to go there it's a waste of time. Instead, just around the corner you can find Argyle Centre, it's a hidden gem in Mongkok so make sure you google the signboard and directions to get there beforehand. Basically it's almost the same like Bugis Street in Singapore but a little more pricey, well gotta adjust to Hong Kong, no? And there was this little shop that sells korean products but i forgot the name oh nooo, i found it by accident because the store is on the second/third floor of a building so it's hidden. They carry several brands like Innisfree, History of Whoo, etc and they are mostly on sale!! I love this place! Lastly, the famous Citygate Outlet worths a visit, i scored a Nike Sky High Sneakers for only IDR 750,000!! Giordano is also cheap, and girl,On Pedder Outlet is a must go!! I found the classic Charlotte Olympia Pumps for only IDR 1,500,000 say whatttt?! Unfortunately, they didn't have my size hiks i hope you are lucky to score something there. Although I gotta say that Kate Spade, Coach, etc were not that cheap and i'm not interested in the collections so i didn't spend much time there.
  • MACAU
I make Macau in one point because I was only there for a few hours since the ferry got delayed due to the bad weather. Getting around in Macau is a little bit tricky but you can get around freely using the hotel busses. No need to exchange to MOP because they accept HKD there. Weather was almost likely with Hong Kong. People are a lot nicer here comparing to Hong Kong thou haha trust me Hong Kong people are just asdxcdsz. I will tell more in separate post so stay updated! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Nice tips! Good thing no Charlotte pumps for you.Waiting for your next post about Macau :)

    ReplyDelete